Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Vacuums don't clean houses. People clean houses.

For Christmas I bought myself a small Eureka vacuum and after using it a handful of times it started smelling like extreme [EXTREME!!!] burnt rubber. I will add that it had smelled a little like that when I first opened it, but I figured it was just "new vacuum smell". Yeah, I know, I know. It smelled horrible. I turned it off, called Rich, and he witnessed a spark explosion coming from the back, when I demonstrated it to him.

So now I have to call the company and hope that they will give me a new one. It's been about a month. I hate talking to reps because I always seem to invite them to try to sell me something. Ah well, I really liked this vacuum, even with the smell, and the filter that spit dust back in your face when you try to clean it. I wish they'd tell you, in detail, exactly what you need for the phone call, like vacuum serial number, invoice and receipt, social security number, mother's maiden name, and credit card to order a lifetime's supply of filters.

No comments:

Post a Comment