Saturday, January 15, 2011

"Life is too short to sleep on low thread-count sheets."

I haven't been sleeping well lately. I don't get to bed until past midnight and I spend the next hour or so tossing and turning, trying to get my legs to stop twitching, and my mind to start drifting off and stay there instead of getting to dream-state only to be bombarded with an idea. And it's not even brilliant, million dollar ideas either, just "oh I should call the vacuum manufacturer". Then I get woken up by a cat meowing for some reason or another several times during the night.

I haven't changed my routine drastically; I started an exercise regimen only five days ago, and I have been sleeping badly longer than that. I don't seem to have any trouble with overheating or freezing at night, and I can shut my mind off. It's just that it turns on by itself when I close my eyes. I'm tired during the day. I don't drink caffeine. I'm just restless. In life and mind, and now it's affecting my sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment