Thursday, January 6, 2011

Segundo of Gold

So for a while now I've been toying with the idea of writing a mystery series based on my grandfather, who was a police detective in the Philippines. I mentioned this to my parents and they were ecstatic and immediately began to ply me with his escapades, which is all well and good, but when it doesn't appear in the story will they be confused and upset? I have a niggling suspicion that they think it is going to be a biographical account of his life on the police force, instead of the quirky, slice of life, fictional series that I had in mind. I am only taking my grandfather's vocation and name, I may add a few of the funnier anecdotes that people have told me about, but other than that it'll be truly fictional.

I can claim that my fear of family disappointment and disapproval has crippled me from ever writing it, but I can thank my debilitating laziness for this. You're lucky you even got this much out of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment