Tuesday, January 18, 2011

"A book worth reading is worth buying."

When we lived in Florida, I went to the library so much (daily) that I racked up quite a bill on toll and gas. It probably would have been cheaper to buy the books than getting free library books. When we traveled around in Maine, I only had the sparse choices that the homes we stayed in had available. When we moved back in with my parents, I reread many, many of my books that were in storage.

Then, for my birthday, my husband bought me an Amazon Kindle 3. He also bought me a cover that has a retractable light, so I can read in the dark. It hearkens back to my youth, reading books via flashlight until the wee hours of the morning. I love the fact that I can read the first chapters of the book before I purchase it. I love that I can get free books that are no longer under copyright. I love that I can carry around hundreds and hundreds of books without worrying about the weight, or the storage, or rummaging through them all. I know this  sounds like a commercial for the kindle, but honestly, if you loved reading and haven't had the time, you'll find that it will rekindle your love.

No comments:

Post a Comment