Friday, January 7, 2011

Dirty Winter

Everyone seems to equate winter with words and ideas like "pristine", "white", "clean", and "serene". I, on the other hand, think of musky, unwashed bodies. Yeah, I tend to shower less during the winter because smells are mostly masked by the cold and the layers of clothing.

In the wintertime I go into "pseudo-hibernation", this is a state not unlike my average state throughout the year, however with a slight decrease in activity. I figure if I do less action, and everyone knows that colder temperature retards bacterial growth, I am good for not showering for at least three days. Also, another factor to add to this, is the seemingly quick state in which air turns from steamy hot to chilly cold as soon as you step out of the shower. I call this the Chill-Shower Effect. One can do many things to stop this, but in the end, the effort really is not worth it. Hence, the every-3-days solution.

Unfortunately for me, I live with someone who also practices this method, and my research has found that this method can only be done by those who live alone, or at the very least do not sleep with others who shuffle around a hot quilt at night, causing warm, pungent, air to come wafting into your face.

I think in the future I will tackle the subject of why humans/animals like their own musk but are turned off by others who also have a certain tang...

Keep warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment