Monday, January 10, 2011

Watched Like A Hawk

In October I had had enough of Rich and decided to go to Atlantic City to take time for myself and to sort through my 'options'. (Options being, should I go to California or somewhere else?) I did it in a sneaky fashion; leaving while Rich slept and while my parents were out. To this day I am monitored closely on all sides.

Because my mom didn't find out until later that evening that I was gone, she is the one that takes special care to keep a close eye on me. She continually asks me if I am okay, and if she hears me sniffling immediately tries to see if I am crying. Today, I decided to go out early to pick up a few things at the supermarket, so I went out to start the car, and when I came back in she was waiting to pounce, with questions of concern.

I tend to keep things to myself since I've been taught (and continually taught) that if I were to share my feelings I only end up getting yelled at, or have my actions analyzed. Is it me or is everyone else's family the type to help you "fix" your problems, instead of just sitting there listening patiently and understandingly? What's the point of being an adult, especially when everyone knows they can have you (me) run the house and yet still treated like a child in other areas of my life? What/where's the disconnect? How can I begin to fix this and achieve full adulthood?

1 comment:

  1. Well ma'am, I'd reckon it looks like a bunch a folks are carin' 'bout you quite a bit to be so concerned that you remain in their lives. Heck, my wife cain't wait fer the day this ol' feller here goes to that great huntin' grounds in the sky.

    As fer bein' treated like a youngin', well heck, be glad you look so cute, I've seen that happin' with a lot of li'l gals. And remember ol' Pavlov, if you want to be changin' folks, jus' train' em like dogs, heh.

    ReplyDelete