Sunday, January 2, 2011

Pre-battle confessions from the annals of January

Today I shall tackle an 8 foot giant with nothing more than my bare hands! Maybe a couple of boxes (two) too. Yes, the great Tannenbaum will be slain, which isn't so hard since it's been dead for many weeks now... so I should say it will be plucked of its fineries and lain in a fine white cloth made of plastic.

It took me a few weeks to create this monstrosity, and the idea that I can undo it all in a few hours makes me a bit anxious. Thankfully, I had the good sense not to decorate the rest of the house, and didn't succumb to the temptation of decorating the bushes and trees, and gutter. I will march to battle in a few hours, after tea and biscuits, of course, and maybe time spent on toiletries and such. I do not look forward to the task ahead for my reward is meager; a handful of striped minties, the threat of gashes from broken glass, and tiny, dried needles needlessly poking at me from all sides. Not to mention the general melancholy that goes hand-in-hand with the end of holidays and slushy, dirty snow, melting en masse outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment