Monday, April 4, 2011

The Sun Shone Since There Was Nothing New To Do

It's dreary out, overcast, cold, and pathetic.

How is it I can find a recipe, and follow it through to completion, yet I can't seem to do that with anything else in this life? I think it has something to do with my level of enjoyment of it. Add to this the amount of praise I get from it. With other tasks and things I can't seem to finish, I get either no praise or just the opposite, criticism, while my record for food accolades is mostly positive. (I won't mention the time I put cinnamon in the spaghetti sauce.)

Well off to begin something. Hopefully I finish it too. I really think that once I get past this hurdle, I will finally have grown up.

1 comment:

  1. Well sir, I look at it like this: Happiness is the lighthouse of our lives. So follow what you enjoy, and that'll git you to whar ya need ta go. We don't need motivation to do the things we like.

    But my one caveat is this: you at least have to do one worthwhile thing. You can't drift aimlessly and expect any good to come of it, no sir.

    So if nothin' is ticklin' yer fancy at the moment, you have to pick the least objectionable option and follow that. And in doing so, you'll take yourself to a point where you'll start seeing more and more things that you genuinely enjoy.

    ReplyDelete